We're looking for the best and brightest to define the future of data technologies.
Established in 2015, nChain is providing the tools and techniques for a scalable, stable, and secure infrastructure in global trade. Our focus is to enable global adoption and enterprise-level usage of the Bitcoin SV blockchain.
With over 10 years of research pertaining to blockchain technology and information security, nChain is in a unique position to use its intellectual property and technical knowledge to help enterprise clients take full advantage of the blockchain.
With access to such a diverse and rich portfolio of intellectual property, and our experience in working with some of the largest enterprises across financial services, Fintech, manufacturing, iGaming, and supply chain, nChain has given our clients a unique insight into what is possible by using the blockchain.
We know that great technology needs great people. That’s why we offer unique opportunities to work with some of the greatest minds in blockchain.
nChain is headquartered in London, with a current workforce of 75 people, focusing on 3 key areas: professional services, research, and development of enterprise-driven solutions.
Our open-plan offices enable our people to work with some of the greatest minds in the industry.
We are a young company, with backgrounds spanning across the globe, ever-growing through new initiatives and ideas. We’re fast-growing, diverse, and fun-loving. Join us, and find your edge.
What We Look For
We are looking for smart people who are able to work quickly with highly skilled peers. Our team is small and distributed but very high functioning. We need people who can self-start and solve problems on their own. They also need to collaborate with both internal and community stakeholders, while being an active team member in all stages of the development process as we work towards a shared vision. They need to participate in the requirements review and give valuable feedback to the business.
What We Offer
We are offering a competitive salary including excellent benefits on top:
- a pension match scheme of up to 5%;
- private healthcare insurance, where dependents can be added;
- travel insurance;
- life assurance of 4 times the salary;
- free breakfast;
- 25 days of holidays;
- workplace perks; and
- social activities.
About the Role
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, from architecting to development, testing, and review
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Design and write clean documentation
- Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Provide training and support to internal teams. We believe in everybody learning from each other
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related discipline or comparable experience
- Commercial Experience in Golang and SQL
- Have a good understanding of version control systems
- Experience working with Microservices
- Familiarity with AWS solutions (Lambda, EC2, ECS, S3, CloudWatch)
- Knowledge of cryptography and blockchain is a plus
- 3+ years Golang development experience
- Good understanding of REST and gRPC
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Docker, AWS, ECS, CI/CD Pipelines
- Agile (Scrum & Kanban)
- Twelve-Factor App Methodology
- React and Node
- Knowledge and experience of all stages of software development in highly agile working environment.
- Experience of design, development, testing and deployment of web applications on a cloud environment.
- Hands-on development experience using ReactJs, NodeJS.
- Knowledge of Go
- Strong Agile development experience.
- Interested in blockchain
- Enjoy solving problems
- Able to work on own initiative
- Must be proactive and take ownership from start till closure.
We are looking for a Software Developer with a passion for blockchain, experience of Java and of working in complex business domains.
You will be part of a talented software engineering team working on highly scalable products and services. There will be opportunity to reveal your creative side as well, on the unfathomably large applicability of a global public blockchain.
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contributing in all areas of the development process
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
What we look for
- Essential: Passion for blockchain
- Desirable: Experience writing an application utilising a blockchain
- Desirable: Experience with Java
- Desirable: Experience with Golang
- Desirable: Experience with JS
The main responsibilities of the Researcher / Senior Researcher are as follows:
- Research and draft white papers based on a backlog of ideas as prioritised by the Director of Research. Most of these ideas come directly from our Chief Scientist Dr Craig Wright.
- Conduct research to the highest academic and industry standards. This involves:
- Scientifically rigorous approach to research
- Commitment to peer review, active collaboration, and clear communication (both inside and outside the team)
- Producing white papers of a quality similar to an academic or industry journal
- Actively contribute to our seminar series.
- Support turning white papers into patent applications. This is achieved by liaising with internal and external patent attorneys.
- Support professional services and engineering teams when requested. For example, in the form of a Subject Matter Expert.
- Assist with recruitment and training.
Qualifications and Requirements
You should be able to demonstrate knowledge in least one of the following:
- Mathematical sciences
- Applied cryptography and network security
- Distributed computing
- Data science
- Software engineering using languages such as Python or C++
The following are required:
- The ability to work independently to produce scientific research papers, ideally demonstrated through journal and/or conference publications
- Critical thinking and logical reasoning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The following are desirable:
- Understanding of blockchain fundamentals
- Familiarity with agile project management techniques
- Awareness of software/programming principles
- Knowledge of financial processes, systems, and products
- Consultancy or client-facing experience
- Line-management experience
- Experience producing patent applications
- Our academic requirements are:
- PhD in a relevant field of study or:
- Lower degree in a relevant field of study combined with industrial experience or demonstrating exceptional potential