www.nchain.com is a site operated by nChain Limited (“We”). We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 09823112. To contact us, please email [email protected].
Other terms that may apply
Changes to these terms and to our site
We amend these terms from time to time. Please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply. These terms were most recently updated on 10th November 2016.
We may also update and change our site from time to time. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted and we may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site at any time.
Using material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and all such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and download extracts, of any page(s) for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify materials you have printed off or downloaded, and you must not use illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences separately from accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors via [email protected].
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only and is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Loss or damage
We do not exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, our site or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site. In particular, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious or technologically harmful material. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
Electronic links to this website are prohibited without our prior consent. Should you wish to make any use of content on our site please email [email protected].
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is nChain Limited c/o Coddan CPM, 3rd Floor, 120 Baker Street, London, England, W1U 6TU.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes registration information, when you submit your CV/contact details for a job application, or if you report a problem with our site. The information you give may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, or financial/credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. We may collect the following information relating to your visits:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), or methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others,;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine information you give to us with any information we collect about you and shall use it for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; or analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security once transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to these websites, they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access your personal information. Access requests are subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.