For the purpose of any applicable data protection laws (including the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 1998 and any legislation which replaces that Act, to the extent they apply to this Site, or similar laws of other countries) (“Data Protection Laws“), the data controller is nChain Holdings Limited.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes registration information, when you submit your CV/contact details for a job application, or if you report a problem with our Site. The information you give may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number.
- Information we collect about you. We may collect the following information relating to your visits:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), or methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you (through such other websites or other services we provide) when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this Site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We may work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide, for example, when you register to use our Site, subscribe to any services we provide, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you or permit select third parties to provide you, with information about other goods or services we feel may interest you (provided you have consented to this).
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods or services we feel may interest you (provided you have consented to this).
Information we collect from you
- technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products or services you viewed or searched for page response times, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
We may use the information we collect from you:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising we may serve to you and others;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods and services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). These third parties may share information with us.
Please note that third parties have their own privacy policies and that we have no control over how third parties use personal information. You should check the privacy policies of third party sites before you submit any personal information to these websites.
We may combine information you give to us with any information we collect about you and/or information we receive from other sources and use it for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our affiliates and subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Selected third parties including business partners, licensees, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; or
- Selected third parties who may use this information to send you details of products and services that may interest you (provided you have consented to this); and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store personal data
Please note that unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security once transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will only send you marketing communications if you have previously agreed to this. You have the right to ask us at any time not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, or to stop processing your data for these purposes if you have previously agreed to this. You can exercise your right to prevent the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have already agreed to receive marketing communications from us but have now changed your mind, you can easily unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions (such as to click an “Unsubscribe” link in emails) included in these marketing communications. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
Our Site may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to these websites, they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Under applicable Data Protection Laws (to the extent they apply to the Site and to you), you have the right to access your personal information that we hold.