London, United Kingdom
Software Developer – C++
nChain is looking for a new C++ Software Developer to join our team.
To be considered, please submit your resume by clicking “Share” at the bottom of this page.
Who we are
nChain is the global leader in research and development of blockchain technologies. The nChain Group of companies also includes Vancouver, Canada-based nTrust, a rapidly growing blockchain platform offering Canadian customers a way to easily buy, sell, send, and store cryptocurrency
Together, our companies are actively building proprietary technology that can be deployed on a global scale. We prioritize secure technology that facilitates the easy use of blockchain, whether that is for cryptocurrency management or expansion of the blockchain into new paradigms.
We know that great technology needs great people. That’s why we offer competitive salaries and benefit packages, and the unique opportunity to work with some of the greatest minds in blockchain.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for smart people who are able to work quickly with highly skilled peers. Our team is small and distributed but very high functioning. We need people who can self-start and solve problems on their own. They also need to collaborate in all stages of the development process. They need to participate in the requirements review and to give valuable feedback to the business.
We are looking for people who understand software development best practices. This means that they are comfortable participating in a code review. This means that they produce unit tests. This means that they help with test automation frameworks. This means that they understand modern continuous deployment concepts and technology.
- Develop services and libraries in C++ on Linux, Windows
- Implement best practices in all areas of software development
- Provide appropriate unit tests for all code
- Assist in functional test automation
- Participate in requirements gathering and refinement
- Provide support for applications
- Participate in team and peer improvement plans
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have 8+ years expertise in C++
- Must have expertise in Linux and Windows library development
- Must have experience with automated build configuration with CMake
- Must have experience with non-C++ language bindings such as Python or Java
- Must have experience with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Must have experience with multi-threaded programming with POSIX threads
- Experience with C++11 and some experience with C++14
- Experience with STL and Boost libraries
- Experience writing and working with RESTful services
- Understanding of cryptography and experience with libcrypto++
- Experience with Linux and Windows
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks such as Jenkins or Bamboo and Ansible
- Experience with Git
- Experience with test automation including performance testing
- Experience with dealing with formal requirements