London, United Kingdom
Junior IT Desktop Support
Who we are
nChain is the global leader in research and development of blockchain technologies. We have a primary focus on growing Bitcoin Cash as the global standard of currency. Our company develops open source and proprietary technology capable of global scaling and use. We are always looking for the next innovative use of blockchain technology and in particular Bitcoin Cash. Be it cryptocurrency management and services or a new unheard-of process to bring blockchain into new paradigms.
We know that great technology needs great people. That’s why we offer competitive salaries and benefit packages, and the unique opportunity to work with some of the greatest minds in Bitcoin and blockchain.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for IT, for the role of the Junior IT Desktop Support Analyst. Reporting to the Senior Support Analyst you will be a part of the IT Support team, providing technical support and ensuring the smooth running of all IT systems.
The IT support team is the central point of contact for all IT related request and problems, so the role will include interreacting with colleagues from across the business, you must be comfortable communicating technical issues to colleagues with a variety of backgrounds and technical knowledge.
You will be solving technical problems of different types, some easier than others and will need to figure out exactly what the problem is and come up with a plan for resolving the problem.
Our aim is that IT support request and problems are managed effectively and responded to in a timely, achieving customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery. While finding the balance in enforcing policies to promote data security and best practice.
Working out of our office in Central London.
- To assist and manage staff’s IT request and problems through a Service Desk.
- Provide support in person to staff with in the office.
- Provide telephone and email support to staff working remotely.
- Record and document problems and request into Service Desk.
- Set up new users accounts and close off accounts of leavers.
- Set up equipment for new users and visitors. Collect and reclaim equipment from leavers.
- Maintain and update Inventory
- Maintain, update and create documentation for IT support team and staff.
- Keep systems up-to-date through regular managed updates.
- Monitor networking equipment and servers.
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, software, networks, virus protection and more.
- May occasionally lift and carry boxes of supplies and/or equipment.
- Taking an active role in staff training.
- Engage in training opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge in key areas.
- Maintain our high standards particularly regarding user communications and response times.
- System and application support
- Support of Microsoft Windows 7,8 and 10
- Support of Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint 365, and Exchange 365
- Support of general desktop/application Support.
- Desktop PC/Laptop installation/Mobile configuration.
- Microsoft Active Directory. Have Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2007 or 2010 or 365.
- Some support experience of Microsoft Windows Servers.
- System patching.
- Some experience with Apple Mac OS.
- Some experience with Linux OS.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. vMware or Nutanix.
- Basic networking knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls, TCP/IP.
- Desired, Cisco Call manager experience.
- Desired, some Cisco networking experience.
- Desired, some firewall experience and understanding.
- Hardware support
- Cabling and moving hardware.
- Peripherals support including Printers.
- AV support.
- Admin work
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Hardware and software procurement.
- Managing stock levels.
- License and support agreement renewals.
- Liaising with external clients and third-party service providers.
- 1-2 years of previous experience as a help desk technician, computer technician, or IT support
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics.
- Desired, degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred
- Desired, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+ certification or any other related IT professional certification
- Desired, knowledge and interest of bitcoin/blockchain
- Previous experience as a help desk technician, computer technician, or in IT support.
nChain is the global leader in advisory, research, and development of blockchain technologies – providing the tools and techniques for a scalable, stable, and secure infrastructure in global trade. Our focus is to enable global adoption and enterprise-level usage of the Bitcoin SV blockchain.
Through nChain’s intellectual property and services, businesses and institutions benefit from user-friendly, feasible, and reliable product implementations.