London, United Kingdom
nChain is looking for a Communications Executive to join our team.
To be considered, please submit your resume by clicking “Apply” at the bottom of the page.
Reports to: Communications Manager
nChain is the global leader in advisory, research, and development of blockchain technologies – providing the tools and techniques for a scalable, stable, and secure infrastructure in global trade.
The Communications Executive (CE) will report to the Communications Manager. Successful candidates will ideally be able to leverage public relations and interact with qualified researchers and data scientists to capture complex technical solutions and concepts.
Together, the nChain Group of companies is actively both building and advising on proprietary technology that can be deployed on a global scale. We prioritise secure technology that facilitates the seamless use of blockchain applications, both for secure data management and the expansion of blockchain technology into new paradigms.
We understand that ground-breaking technology needs brilliant people; we offer competitive salaries and benefit packages, and the unique opportunity to work with some of the leading minds and cutting-edge technology in the industry.
Who We Are Looking for
We are looking for smart people who work effectively with highly skilled peers. Our team is small and distributed but very high functioning. We need people who can self-start and solve problems on their own. They also need to collaborate in all stages of the development process. They need to participate in the requirements review and give valuable feedback to the business.
The main responsibilities of the Communications Executive are as follows:
- Ensuring that all incoming and outgoing communications are managed effectively, including the provision of media background checks
- Interacting with the Communications Manager and nChain Researchers and Chief Scientist Dr. Craig Wright, helping articulate ideas in business-friendly terms for blog summaries and articles addressing a mass market
- Being responsible for maintaining the content on our website and marketing collateral
- Discuss and define output with the Professional Services team, curating marketing collateral and client-tailored content for the Professional Services team
- Manage the communication strategy for Professional Services, and work with the Communications Manager to align to the corporate communication strategy
Qualifications and Requirements
The CE role has the added rare benefit of working closely with some of the leading minds in blockchain-related fields – interaction with highly qualified consultants and data scientists is encouraged.
The following is highly desirable:
- Exceptional written and verbal communicative ability (English)
- Ability to effectively and professionally handle media relations and enquiries
- Understanding of professional services and renowned product-related platforms
- Awareness of technology and its economic aspects and effects
- Lower degree in a relevant field of study, such as economics or journalism
- A proven track record in related non-academic fields, ideally journalism or communications
Ideally, successful candidates will be capable of grasping ideas on:
- the economics of Bitcoin – both in Bitcoin as an economic model and its effects and benefits for businesses and an economy as a whole;
- research inventions in relevant fields and their applications and use cases for Bitcoin;
- how Bitcoin and its applications fit in with currents regulations, standards, and laws.
As part of a learning curve, you will:
- provide easy-to-understand interpretations of relevant research and development;
- be able to keep abreast of developments in blockchain applications and solutions, and other technologies relevant to the overall business projections and vision; and
- capture the value proposition of using Bitcoin SV as opposed to competitive options.
nChain is the global leader in advisory, research, and development of blockchain technologies – providing the tools and techniques for a scalable, stable, and secure infrastructure in global trade. Our focus is to enable global adoption and enterprise-level usage of the Bitcoin SV blockchain.
Through nChain’s intellectual property and services, businesses and institutions benefit from user-friendly, feasible, and reliable product implementations.