London, United Kingdom
nChain is looking for a Business Analyst to join our UK team.
To be considered, please submit your resume by clicking “Apply” at the bottom of this page.
Reports To: Product Manager
We are the global leader in the Research, Development and Deployment of Blockchain and Cryptographic technologies. The Business Analyst role will require an expert in the underlying technologies and extending our products and services by conceiving and applying innovations. The role requires designing architecture specifically for fascinating and complex research programs. The Business Analyst should ideally understand and aspire to evolve the environment into which these products will be launched, maximising impact.
We know that great technology needs great people. That’s why we offer competitive salaries and benefit packages, and the unique opportunity to work with some of the greatest minds and cutting-edge technology in blockchain.
The Business Analyst will report directly to the Product Manager in London and be responsible for the primary day-to-day interaction with multiple business teams, aligning their needs with the overall product roadmap strategy defined by the group.
- Engage with the business stakeholders in consulting and internal engagements to elicit both functional and non-functional requirements from key stakeholders using a variety of requirements analysis techniques
- Facilitate multi-party workshops to design, shape, understand and drive the way forward (includes business requirements/data requirements gathering, mapping of as is and to be processes and the development and production of use case scenarios etc)
- Be able to differentiate between user requests and the underlying business need
- Deliver high quality requirements documentation in line with the project methodology and the business need being described (e.g. process maps, wireframes, use cases, requirements, user stories etc.)
- Manage the traceability of requirements through the lifecycle of the project
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Mentor junior members of the team, embedding best practice and providing a support framework
- Ideally, up to 5 years professional experience as a business analyst
- Extensive understanding of professional services, ability to communicate with end users/customers/clients alike
- Proven stakeholder management experience, evidence of liaising with board-level
- Ability to effectively communicate with tech teams at a high-level
- Hands-on functional experience across various industry sectors
- Experience of waterfall and/or agile delivery environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience of using UML interpreting and documenting use cases, class models and sequence diagrams
- Ongoing desire to enhance professional development
Highly Desirable (not essential)}
- Demonstrably strong knowledge and/or experience in financial processes, systems and products
- Exposure to Bitcoin or the underlying blockchain technology
- Extensive understanding of the commercialisation of such cryptocurrencies as bitcoin cash
- ISEB/Agile/Scrum accreditations
nChain Limited is the global leader in blockchain research and development, and is the R&D service provider in the nChain Group. The nChain Group mission is to enable worldwide adoption and enterprise-level usage of the Bitcoin network – focusing on Bitcoin Cash as the true Bitcoin.