A quick overview
We are looking for a talented Technical Architect who can use their existing expertise and experience to identify new perspectives on the way we can work together efficiently and assist on product development by solving complex engineering problems.
At nChain, the technical architect will be responsible for designing, planning, and implementing complex technical solutions that meet the business needs of our organization. They will work closely with stakeholders from sales, product development and services and technical teams to identify requirements, design solutions, and provide technical leadership throughout the development lifecycle and be responsible for implementing solutions that meet our customers’ requirements and comply with industry regulations and standards. Working closely with and mentoring, software development engineers and guiding them from high-level architectural design through to system integration.
Close collaboration is needed with product sponsors to define new products and solutions, and identify and resolve issues with products in development.
We expect you to
- Design and develop technical solutions that align with business needs and requirements
- Bring industry best practice and experience to the team
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to project teams, including developers, analysts, and testers
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives
- Create and maintain documentation of technical architecture, design, and implementation plans
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of technology solutions and vendors • Ensure that technical solutions are designed to meet functional requirements, security standards, and scalability needs
- Provide guidance on technical best practices, standards, and guidelines
- Perform code and design reviews to ensure quality and adherence to technical standards
- Collaborate with other technical teams to resolve technical issues and optimize system performance
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies, trends, and best practices in the field of technical architecture
- Communicate effectively with the implementation team (e.g. solution development & QA) and the solution specifiers (e.g. Technical Product Leads, Architects, Business Analysts)
- Research systems and/or programs to determine causes of failure or poor operational performance; then define, test, and implement detailed solutions
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Technical Product Leads to help shape each project requirement document so that the implementation team has clear and meaningful features (written as user stories) that can be used as inputs to Sprint Planning
- Provide guidance and input into internal projects in terms of architecture and engineering best practices and where necessary to demonstrate best practices through implementation.
- Constantly look for improvements and recommend a number of technical design options (e.g. using diagrams in Miro) with a list of advantages and disadvantages of each option
- Work alongside the QA engineers and developers to create stories with sub-tasks for Sprint Planning. The stories will link to features in the project requirements and contain the feature description (as user stories) and any links to more information (e.g. Confluence pages) along with the complete list of Acceptance Criteria written in a high-level “Given-When-Then” format, from which QA engineers will then write logical test plans (e.g. Gherkin tests)
- Communicate any significant issues to Technical Product Leads to determine cause and implement any solutions
- Interacting with project roles as required, to gain an understanding of the complex business environment, technical context, end client requirements and organisational strategic direction
- Make application architecture level decisions (e.g. database schemas, application code structure etc)
- Promoting the development and evolution of innovative ideas e.g. on CBDC to provide new products and solutions
- Analysis, design and delivery of solutions to meet programme, business and customer requirements
Experience & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in technical architecture in a technology environment
- Experience with designing and developing complex technical solutions
- Proven experience in enterprise application architecture
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, patterns, and practices
- Strong Experience with cloud technologies, microservices, and distributed systems
- Experience with blockchain technology and Web 3 emerging technology
- Experience with information security and security architecture is a plus
- Experience in digesting and understanding complex business information & creating the vision for a technical solution
- Experience in project management
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX) and databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to confidently communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Broad understanding of technology, effective communication and the ability to navigate complexity to hone in on the key themes that will make projects run smoothly
- Inquisitive mindset, constantly looking to explore how things work & why
- Relationship-building – it’s important to develop trust and understanding between the technical teams and managers or clients to ensure a project runs smoothly.
At nChain, two days will never be the same.
We are cultivating a strong social culture and are focused on provided benefits for our people.