Location: London, United Kingdom
A quick overview
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing finance team here at nChain, reporting to the Head of Financial Operations.
This role requires an experienced and qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) Accountant. The successful candidate will be proactive, have an equal measure of technical skills and practical experience of working in a dynamic and fast paced business.
They will need to build and manage effective relationships with colleagues, throughout the business, at all levels and external stakeholders. Ready to get their hands dirty and challenge status quo.
We expect you to
- Control and oversee preparation and presentation of Group managements accounts, and subsidiary entities, to senior stakeholders. Reporting to include commentary on financial results, budget variances and recommendations for corrective action.
- Collaboration with Internal Audit department to 1) ensure compliance and efficiency 2) support in the external audit programme and 3) process improvement.
- Responsible for on-time month-end close and ensure that all monthly reporting deadlines are adhered to,
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders from all internal departments, and external connected parties.
- Support and develop the Finance team, through leadership and training of junior staff including knowledge sharing.
- Own decision-making based on financial reporting about nChain’ s vision and strategy which will help shape the future of the company
- Focus on continual process improvement in all aspects of the role from an efficiency perspective to streamline all processes such as budget setting and payroll processes.
Experience & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for
- Fully Qualified accountant via ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
- Up to 6 years of accounting experience in a fast-growing environment
- Financial Planning & Analysis skills
- Microsoft Office – intermediate or advanced Excel
- Previous line management experience
- 3 days based in the office
- Previous experience in a similar industry preferably at a start-up
- Experience of working with Oracle NetSuite
- Experience building relationships and working effectively with all levels within the business.
- Capable of working fully independently from the Head of Financial Operations.
- Advanced Excel User.
- Honed stakeholder management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Previous management accounting experience
- Strong expertise with accounting systems
- Self-starter with excellent analytical skills of large data sets and attention to detail
- Takes pride in their work, enthusiastic, resilient and takes ownership
At nChain, two days will never be the same.
We are cultivating a strong social culture and are focused on provided benefits for our people.
Benefits at nChain
25 days of holidays + bank holidays.
A pension match scheme of up to 5%.
Private healthcare insurance, where dependents can be added.
Life assurance of 4 times the salary
If you believe that this position suits you, than we kindly ask you to send us your CV.
Only 1 and .PDF File format is allowed
(.PDF FILE FORMAT REQUIRED)