A quick overview
We are looking for a talented researcher to join our Research and Development team based in our Zug or London office.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside an innovative and collaborative team who are experts in the blockchain industry.
Successful candidates will have a passion for emerging technology, such as blockchain, and the ability to propose new ideas and identify new opportunities in the industry. They will need to be highly motivated with a strong background in a relevant field, coupled with a demonstrable passion for research and collaboration.
We expect you to
Research and draft white papers based on a backlog of ideas as prioritised by the Director of Research. Most of these ideas come directly from our Chief Scientist Dr Craig Wright.
• Conduct research to the highest academic and industry standards.
• Scientifically rigorous approach to research
• Commitment to peer review academic papers, active collaboration, and clear communication (both inside and outside the team)
• Producing white papers of a quality similar to an academic or industry journal
• Actively contribute to our seminar series.
• Support turning white papers into patent applications. This is achieved by liaising with internal and external patent attorneys.
• Support professional services and engineering teams when requested. For example, in the form of a Subject Matter Expert.
• Assist with recruitment and training.
Experience & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for
You should be able to demonstrate knowledge in least one of the following:
• Mathematical sciences
• Applied cryptography and network security
• Distributed computing
• Data science
• Software engineering using languages such as Python or C++
The following are required:
• The ability to work independently to produce scientific research papers, ideally demonstrated through journal and/or conference publications
• Critical thinking and logical reasoning
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The following are desirable:
• Understanding of blockchain fundamentals
• Familiarity with agile project management techniques
• Awareness of software/programming principles
• Knowledge of financial processes, systems, and products
• Consultancy or client-facing experience
• Line-management experience
• Experience producing patent applications
Our academic requirements are:
• PhD in a relevant field of study
• Lower degree in a relevant field of study combined with industrial experience or demonstrating exceptional potential
At nChain, two days will never be the same.
We are cultivating a strong social culture and are focused on provided benefits for our people.