IT Support Analyst
A quick overview
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for IT, for the role of the IT Support Analyst. Reporting to the IT Support Team Lead, you will be a part of the IT Support team, providing technical support and ensuring the smooth running of all IT systems.
The IT support team is the central point of contact for all IT related request and problems, so the role will include interreacting with colleagues from across the business, you must be comfortable communicating technical issues to colleagues with a variety of backgrounds and technical knowledge.
You will be solving technical problems of different types, some easier than others and will need to figure out exactly what the problem is and come up with a plan for resolving the problem.
Our aim is that IT support request and problems are managed effectively and responded to in a timely, achieving customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery. While finding the balance in enforcing policies to promote data security and best practice.
Working out of our office in Central London.
We expect you to
- To assist and manage staff’s IT request and problems through a Service Desk.
- Provide support in person to staff within the office.
- Provide telephone and email support to staff working remotely.
- Record and document problems and request into Service Desk.
- Set up new user’s accounts and close off accounts of leavers.
- Set up equipment for new users and visitors. Collect and reclaim equipment from leavers.
- Configuring and deploying policies for network and mobile environments. Using centralised systems, MDM, MAM.
- Maintain and update Inventory. Maintain, update, and create documentation for IT support team and staff.
- Keep systems up to date through regular managed updates.
- Monitor networking equipment and servers.
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, software, networks, virus protection and more.
- Cloud server administration.
- May occasionally lift and carry boxes of supplies and/or equipment.
- Engage in training opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge in key areas. Taking an active role in staff training.
- Cyber security mindset.
- Maintain our high standards. particularly regarding user communications and response times.
Experience & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for
- Majority of MS365, Azure, JAMF, Windows10/11, Mac OS, Cisco, environment.
- Also support Linux, Development cloud environments like AWS, physical, hosted and cloud servers/services.
- Supporting R&D or developer’s users and environments (desirable)
- 1-2 years’ experience within networking technology (including DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, NAT, wireless protocols, and TCP/IP and particularly Cisco, Palo Alto)
- Knowledge of network segmentation (VLANs, VRF) and routing
- 5+ years of experience in general on-premises systems administration
- 5+ years of experience supporting a Microsoft Azure (desirable) / Microsoft 365 environment (essential)
- Cyber security awareness, helping enforcing security policies & procedure.
- Creating/improving security policies & procedure.
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics.
- Desired: degree or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred.
- Desired: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+ certification or any other related IT professional certification
- Desired: knowledge and interest of bitcoin/blockchain.
At nChain, two days will never be the same.
We are cultivating a strong social culture and are focused on provided benefits for our people.