Head of Legal
A quick overview
We are looking for a Head of Legal to join our expanding nChain legal team based in Zug, Switzerland or London, England and reporting to the Chief Legal Officer. You will be a commercially minded lawyer advising on a wide range of legal matters associated with the business of the company across the globe and oversee the existing legal team and the external counsel as required. You will enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic, global organisation within a cutting-edge industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of nChain’s legal team with team members who are hard-working and passionate about what they do.
We expect you to
- Provide strategic legal advice to executives and senior management on a wide variety of areas, including commercial contracts, corporate matters, data protection, intellectual property, employment and disputes
- Draft, refine and negotiate a wide variety of cross border commercial contracts, including partnership, technology licensing, SaaS and professional service agreements
- Lead, supervise and develop the commercial legal team based across Slovenia, UK and Switzerland. Mentor legal team members and encourage cooperation between different divisions and departments
- Lead the establishment and improvement of corporate policies and procedures to support the global business
Experience & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for
- A law degree with admission to the bar, or at least a postgraduate (LL.M) degree. At least 7 years PQE.
- Proven experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex cross border agreements in technology sector
- Experience in developing policies, processes and resources to support sales and partner management teams
- Experience in managing direct reports and passion for leading, supporting and developing an engaged and dynamic team
- Experience in corporate transactions, data protection, intellectual property and/or dispute management is desirable
- Interest in blockchain technology and ability to proactively face the challenges of the market to find consistent legal and regulatory solutions
- Fluency in English, German is a strong asset, any other languages are a plus
- Excellent rapport & relationship-building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisation, analytical and communication skills with the ability to influence across the business at all levels.
- Able to work under pressure, independently and in a dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable to change
At nChain, two days will never be the same.
We are cultivating a strong social culture and are focused on provided benefits for our people.