CBDC Product lead
A quick overview
nChain is seeking an experienced CBDC Product Lead to define and drive new and existing product and services development within the CBDC space. This is a high-impact role responsible for owning and supporting cross-functional initiatives spanning strategy, product development and partnerships to expand nChain’s offering.
The CBDC Product Lead must have extensive experience within the payments, wholesale banking and CBDC specifically. This includes a detailed understanding of the actors within the ecosystem, interbank settlement processes, existing solutions, market trends, regulatory standards, technologies stack and more. Applicants should have sufficient technical expertise to drive nChain product features, solution designs that meet client needs and fulfil market requirements.
They will lead product development teams to successfully take these solution designs to the market. As such, the role will work closely with sales, solution architects, UX teams and more.The role will be responsible for the strategy and development of our CBDC products and solutions; the subsequent launches of these products through the entire product development process, to drive business growth and market share in the CBDC ecosystem.
We expect you to
- Define the overall vision and direction for our CBDC offering, investigating market demand, customer needs and pain points, barriers to adoption, business opportunities and competitive advantages for nChain, its partners and its customers.
- Lead the ideation, definition, design and development of nChain’s CBDC products with cross-functional teams.
- Overall responsibility for reporting and communicating the progress of the CBDC product roadmap to stakeholders, identifying any roadblocks and ways to mitigate them.
- Developing go-to-market plans for the CBDC products, which may include working closely with our sales, marketing, distribution team.
- Building and managing relationships with key stakeholders, including relevant service providers, advisors, central bank officials, regulatory bodies, and external partners
- Staying ahead of the CBDC ecosystem trends, compliance/regulatory environments, technological developments, threats and market development.
- Taking a user-centric approach to identify and own implementation of new features within CBDC product roadmap, collaborating with product, technology, marketing and design teams.
- Building relationships with partners and clients to raise nChain’s profile as a long-term trusted advisor and expert within the space.
- Leading external engagements for nChain’s CBDC initiatives such as conferences, workshops etc.
Experience & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for
- Minimum of 2 year experience within the CBDC or central banking space.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within financial services technology product development.
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading teams.
- A deep understanding of the CBDC and financial services space, such as a detailed understanding of the actors within the ecosystem, interbank settlement processes, existing solutions, market trends, regulatory standards and more.
- Practical experience taking products successfully from ideation, through development and to market deployment.
- Strong technical understanding and ability to engage with architecture and development teams.
- Strong Interest in Web3.0 and its relationship to financial systems.
- Desire to lead and inspire a cross-functional and diverse team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (minimum 10 years) work experience.
- Excellent understanding of technology
- Good commercial insight, with an ability to understand value propositions from the perspective of various actors within an ecosystem, including customers and partners.
- A strong ability to communicate solutions and their value propositions to both technical and non-technical individuals in a succinct and accessible way.
- Excellent team and project management skills.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with external clients and partners.
At nChain, two days will never be the same.
We are cultivating a strong social culture and are focused on provided benefits for our people.