For the purpose of any applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is nChain Holdings Limited.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (the “Site“) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes registration information, information you provide when you submit your CV/contact details for a job application, or if you report a problem with our Site. The information you give may include your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. We may collect the following information relating to your visits:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), or methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you (through such other websites or other services we provide) when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this Site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We may also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide, for example, when you register to use our Site, subscribe to any services we provide, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
We use this information in the following ways:
- Where we need to use the information to carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- We will retain and use details of the goods and services that you have previously purchased or enquired about to make suggestions to you for other products which we believe you will also be interested in. We do this where necessary for our legitimate business purposes of providing you with more tailored offers and personalising your experience on our Site.
Information we collect from you
- technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products or services you viewed or searched for page response times, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
We use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. This is necessary for our legitimate business purposes to monitor our services and ensure our Site is functioning properly.
- We will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our Site and how you move around different sections of the Site to understand how people use it. Again, we do this for legitimate business purposes, so that we can improve our Site and enhance our users’ experience.
- We use technical information and information about your visits to our Site where this is necessary in our legitimate business interests to keep our Site safe and secure.
- We will analyse information on your recent visits to our site and your past purchases to measure and understand the effectiveness of any advertising we may serve to you and others, where this is necessary for the legitimate business purpose of tracking the effectiveness of our marketing and online advertising.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). These third parties may share information with us in accordance with their own data protection policies and procedures.
Please note that third parties have their own privacy policies and that we have no control over how third parties use personal information. You should check the privacy policies of third party sites before you submit any personal information to these websites.
We may combine information you give to us with any information we collect about you and/or information we receive from other sources and use it in the ways set out above (depending on the types of information we receive) where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes in providing you with a better and more tailored experience.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our affiliates and subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Selected third parties including business partners, licensees, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; or
- Selected third parties who may use this information to send you details of products and services that may interest you (provided you have consented to this); and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store personal data
Please note that unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security once transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us at any time not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, or to stop processing your data for these purposes if you have previously agreed to this. You can exercise your right to prevent the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have already agreed to receive marketing communications from us but have now changed your mind, you can easily unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions (such as to click an “Unsubscribe” link in emails) included in these marketing communications. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to these websites, they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Under applicable data protection laws (to the extent they apply to the Site and to you), you have the right to:
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you, which we will provide back to you in electronic form. For your own privacy and security, in our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information. If you require multiple copies of your personal data, we may charge a reasonable administration fee.
- Rectification. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you corrected. Note that you can always make certain adjustments to certain personal information directly through your online account.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain personal information we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal information which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent (such as for direct marketing communications) or to perform a contract with you.
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
You can make any of these requests in relation to your personal data by sending the request by mail to [email@example.com]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. If you are based in, or the issue relates to, the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted as follows:
Telephone: +44 0303 123 1113
Address: Water Lane, Wycliffe House, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
If you are based or the issue you would like to complain about took place elsewhere in the European Economic Area (EEA), please click here for a list of local data protection authorities in the other EEA countries.
Security and storage of information
Your personal information is processed by us and/or our service providers only for the period necessary for the purposes for which the information is collected. When we no longer need to use your information for those purposes, we will remove it from our systems and records or take steps to anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject).