London, United Kingdom
Test Manager / QA Lead
nChain is looking for a Test Manager / QA Lead to join our team.
To be considered, please submit your resume by clicking “Apply” at the bottom of this page.
Reports To: CTO
We are the global leader in the Research, Development and Deployment of Blockchain and Cryptographic technologies. The Test Manager role is urgent and crucial for the successful running of technical operations, requiring expertise in underlying technologies and test applications extending our products and services by conceiving and applying innovations. The role requires formulating and establishing highly-effective test plans through the use of test tools. The testing efforts will directly influence ongoing development programs and the Test Manager will be encouraged to provide insight to internal stakeholders and third parties.
We know that great technology needs great people. That’s why we offer competitive salaries and benefit packages, and the unique opportunity to work with some of the greatest minds and cutting-edge technology in blockchain.
- Effectively establish proficient security and dynamic penetration testing methodology, offering continual enhancement
- Ensure maintenance and traceability management throughout the SDLC
- Act as the key POC to external third parties, collaborating where necessary
- Create replicable strategies surrounding QA, Security and penetration testing that are aligned with overall company vision
- Awareness of nChain product development and potential impact to test projects
- Devise and maintain automated test suites for use within Dev/Ops cycle
- Work with the product owners and BAs to determine test scenarios
- Interface and communicate with the software development team, primarily C++ developers
- Collaborate with solutions and software architects, senior project managers and subject matter experts to formulate test plans
- Manage and develop complex test strategy and framework
- Ensure maximum awareness of any developments on a per-project basis, managing expectations of teams where needed
- Work effectively to identify challenges of test cases prior to potential escalation, mitigating impact
- Produce concise reports to share with management
- Establish a strong, professional relationship with stakeholders across nChain for resource planning efforts
- Offering insight and advice to the board as needed
The Test Manager should ideally be able to ‘hit the ground running’, recognising and developing a business-critical test strategy across a full range of nChain software products in a greenfield environment. This is an autonomous role with minimal micro management and maximum support.
- Senior-level capabilities surrounding testing methodology for multiple software products
- Good understanding and knowledge of Blockchain/Cryptocurrency with desire to improve
- Ideally, 5+ years’ hands-on experience in commercial testing environments
- Extensive experience and knowledge of C++ coding and similar programming languages.
- Management capabilities and strong communication skills, to be leveraged across internal teams of both technical and functional specialists of differing levels of seniority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, surrounding documentation/literature.
nChain Limited is the global leader in blockchain research and development, and is the R&D service provider in the nChain Group. The nChain Group mission is to enable worldwide adoption and enterprise-level usage of the Bitcoin network – focusing on Bitcoin Cash as the true Bitcoin.