London, United Kingdom
Solutions Application Architect
nChain is looking for a Solutions Application Architect to join our team.
To be considered, please submit your resume by clicking “Apply” at the bottom of this page.
Reports To: CTO
We are the global leader in the Research, Development and Deployment of Blockchain and Cryptographic technologies. The Solutions Application Architect role will require an expert in the underlying technologies and applications, extending our products and services by conceiving and applying innovations. The role includes designing applications specifically for complex and fascinating research and development programs. The Solutions Applications Architect should understand and aspire to evolve the broader software-related environment into which these products will be launched, maximising its impact.
We know that great technology needs great people. That’s why we offer competitive salaries and benefit packages, and the unique opportunity to work with some of the greatest minds and cutting-edge technology in blockchain.
- Effectively engage in tech-related initiatives simultaneously, some of which will be focussed on the development of bitcoin technology and nChain products
- Collaborate independently with researchers to successfully design and implement application architecture to enhance concepts that drive direction of requirements
- Interface and communicate with the software development team
- Collaborate with solutions and software architects, developers and subject matter experts to establish technical vision and overview, ranging from infrastructure to the SDLC
- Produce requirements using document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Possess an ongoing desire to fill in the gaps in requirements
- Interact with nChain Chief Scientist Dr Craig Wright and Jimmy Nguyen, turning their ideas into workload for the development team
- Offer insight and advice to the board as needed
The Solutions Applications Architect should have the initiative to lead and implement technical and functional solutions in differing areas of the business with a primary focus on applications, through effective interaction with teams of highly qualified research and development specialists and software developers.
- Application architect with data/infrastructure/security architecture knowledge
- Proficient with full UML methodology to create models of the requirements, through complex use cases, class models, sequence diagrams and state machines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills contributing to converting models into articulate language, surrounding documentation/literature and presentations
- Proven track record of developing internal applications
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, subject matter experts and credible researchers
- Extensive experience and knowledge of back-end application programming systems
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
nChain Limited is the global leader in blockchain research and development, and is the R&D service provider in the nChain Group. The nChain Group mission is to enable worldwide adoption and enterprise-level usage of the Bitcoin network – focusing on Bitcoin Cash as the true Bitcoin.