London, United Kingdom
Chief Executive Officer
nChain is looking for a Chief Executive Officer to join our UK team.
To be considered, please submit your resume by clicking “Apply” at the bottom of this page.
Reports To: Board
nChain is the global leader in pioneering Research, Development and Deployment of Blockchain and Cryptographic technologies. The Chief Executive Officer will be controlling and overseeing all strategic and business aspects of the company and its two divisions (1) research and patent programs, and (2) professional services and consulting. This person will be first in command and responsible for implementing a robust strategy that is aligned with a vision for success, by driving business and exciting partnerships through the services division. Professional Services has been identified as an area of focus and significant growth.
To thrive as the CEO of the nChain UK office, you must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the ‘big picture’ in a variety of settings.
- Developing high quality business strategies and plans, ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Drive the business development and partnership management of the services division.
- Controlling the direction of the company, making high-quality investing decisions to advance the business
- Assuring all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations, identifying and addressing problems and opportunities for the Company
- Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall Company strategy and mission
- Managing senior managers, identifying risks and ensuring appropriate strategies are in place
- Reviewing financial and non-financial reports to plan solutions or improvements
- Generating new business and giving approval of new projects
- Overseeing the company’s fiscal activity including budgeting (deciding budgets for all departments), reporting and auditing
- Attending board meetings and other presentations, reporting to the board of directors and keeping them informed, working with the executive board to determine values and mission and plan for short and long-term goals
- Working closely with the Human Resource department to ensure great hiring, overseeing employment and ensuring there are enough staff (and the right people)
- Creating an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale
- Acting as the primary spokesperson for the Company
- 5 – 10 years proven experience as CEO or in other managerial position
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field
- Proven experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce
- Understanding of Human Resources and personnel management
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Demonstrable success as head of a key function with a track record of delivery against key goals and overcoming significant obstacles.
nChain Limited is the global leader in blockchain research and development, and is the R&D service provider in the nChain Group. The nChain Group mission is to enable worldwide adoption and enterprise-level usage of the Bitcoin network – focusing on Bitcoin Cash as the true Bitcoin.